Being a makeup artist in NYC, I was exposed to the most brilliant artistry brands where I mastered my craft with talented national and international artists sharing their insider secrets with me. From Estee Lauder, to Nars and Bobbi Brown. Pigments and liquids were always vibrant, long wearing, but never clean or cruelty free. I always felt like I wasn’t a true vegan because I was working with this makeup and selling it to my clients.
My rule? Instead of throwing all your makeup out and replacing it with all the new makeup, finish one conventional product, and replace it with the vegan and non-toxic product. That way you are not throwing your money down the drain and responsibility buying.
- Ilia multi stick in lady bird. I used this as my blush and lipstick in the photo above. Its not as creamy as I imagined but its a pretty color and not greasy which I appreciate. You do have to be careful layer on top of liquids because it could remove a layer when rubbing on. Try tapping.
- Ilia liquid powder chromatic eye tint in mythic. Yes to this! Stays on all day, doesn’t crack or bleed either! Works for oily and dry eye lids, and can be worn alone or as a base. Will be looking into buying more colors in this.
- Ilia limitless lash mascara. I cannot say enough good things about this mascara, it is hands down my favorite of all time. It is water resistant, doesn’t leak, holds a curl all day, no clumping and separates lashes. The biotin in the formula I feel has strengthened my lashes and made them grow as well.
- Tarte’s Tartlette In Bloom eyeshadow palette. Great pigment, beautiful everyday into night transition colors. Lasts on my eyes all day long and not that much fall out. Used one of the matte neutral colors for my eyebrows as well.
- Hourglass Ambient lighting palette. Everyone needs this palette, it makes your skin glow, look filtered and flawless with no texture.
- Kosas Revealer Super Creamy brightening concealer + eye cream. Very comparable to the Nars Radiant creamy concealer, medium to buildable coverage, hydrating, but doesn’t wear all day because of the hydrating properties. Would suggest for day time wear but don’t consider this for evening long wear.
- Exa High Fidelity Foundation. Great medium to full coverage foundation. Makes your skin glow but has a natural finish more than dewy. If your oily like me, you will need to set this to make it last longer. Great color range selection and doesn’t make me break out!
- W3ll People Bio Brightener Baked Powder. This powder does what it says! It brightens, and leaves a smooth finish that makes you look like you have a filter. Great as a finishing powder but not to set under eyes if you are prone to creasing.